Canadian Law requires non-resident hunters entering Canada to register firearms. Complete information about the legislation and the registration forms can be obtained on the internet at http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca
Hunters at CNL do not be concerned. In brief here is what is needed and is easy to download and to complete.
- Go to the Customs and Other Information page, under The Canadian Firearms Act and click on the link
- Fill out the Non-Resident Firearms in triplicate, prior to arriving at the border. DO NOT SIGN
- Present this Form to Canadian Customs at the border.
- Form will be completed by the Customs Officer
- Form must be signed by you in the presence of the officer.
- A fee of $50.00 CDN FUNDS is required.
- Is good for 60 days and can be renewed any number of times within a 12-month period at no extra-cost.
A trigger lock must be used on each of your firearms and cased properly.